Making Space to Care for Yourself
When flight attendants review safety procedures they tell you to take care of your own oxygen mask before assisting other people. This concept applies to advocacy as well. You must take care of yourself in order to be at your best to help other people. With this in mind, we invite you to join us for this session of The Advocacy Exchange that’s focused on YOU.
During this session, attendees will learn how meditation can help reduce stress and participate in a guided meditation exercise. You will also have the opportunity to ask the instructor questions. We hope you’ll join us and allow yourself some time for reflection on your own well-being and mental health.
- Relational Mindfulness a Handbook for Deepening Our Connections with Ourselves, Each Other, and the Planet
- Fully Present: The Science, Art, and Practice of Mindfulness
- Little Book of Being: Practices and Guidance for Uncovering Your Natural Awareness
- A Fierce Heart: Finding Strength, Courage, and Wisdom in Any Moment
- We Were Made for These Times: Ten Lessons on Moving through Change, Loss, and Disruption
- The Mindfulness Toolkit Lion's Roar
Angelike (Angie) Giallourakis, Ph.D.