Our mission is to help others, like us, living with autoimmune or autoinflammatory diseases that often include arthritis as a major clinical component near onset, have a voice - as equals, alongside other stakeholders - so, together, we can solve problems that impact education, advocacy, and research.
Health equity. We believe all voices of persons living with AiArthritis diseases must be counted - rather than only a few voices representing a larger community - because our diseases are unique per individual. Therefore, different experiences, perspectives, and demographics must be included - regardless of geography, disease limitations, or prior advocacy experience. We have developed and facilitate platforms and engagement methods that make this possible.
Disease focus. There are over 100 autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases, but only a handful including arthritis as a major clinical component early at onset in most patients. This "auto" + "arthritis" combination unifies our disease group, which narrows the focus while amplifying the vocal impact. The core diseases - or those that are most similar in presentation, progression, and treatment - include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA)
- Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA) - including non-radiographic and radiographic/Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Still's Disease (Adult Onset and systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (and juvenile forms of above)
- Undifferentiated Disease (which can include variations such as Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease/ Spondyloarthritis/ Autoinflammatry Disease, Inflammatory Polyarthritis, Unclassified Systemic Autoinflammatory Disease, Undifferentiated Autoinflammatory Disorder - to name a few).
Other AiArthritis diseases that also fall under our umbrella include:
- Crohn's Disease - arthritis associated is called enteropathic arthritis
- Sarcoidosis, Juvenile Systemic Granulomatosis/Pediatric Granulomatous Arthritis (PGA)/Early Onset Sarcoidosis
- Relapsing Polychondritis (RP)
- Systemic Scleritis (Scleroderma)
- Behcet's Disease (BD)
- Palindromic Rheumatism
- Reactive Arthritis (ReA) formerly termed Reiter's Syndrome
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD) which typically consists of a blended diagnosis of three diseases: systemic scleritis, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, and polymyositis.
Antisynthetase syndrome (typically associated with myosi